Friday, February 11, 2011

note to self

To be able to make the observations that I make, I believe that I allow myself a significant amount of displacement or separation from a collective reality. My work has had the tendency to be quiet and demand solitude while viewing. My intentions as an artist are often to draw the viewer into a very personal and meditative experience that is only allowed through a retreat from the outside world into an inward gaze. However, through conducting research on the artists whose sensibilities that I admire, or who I share subject matter or common forms of media with, I have found that every individual artist actually has a heightened sense of awareness of the world around them that allows them to make such acute observations, or to be able to make such strong connections with their viewer and environment.


















le cerveaux de l'enfant

de chirico

No comments: